To my almost one year oldFamily Parenting Uncategorized
Where did the year go? I can’t believe you will be 1 years old in two weeks. I can’t believe that almost one year ago I was screaming bloody murder as I endured an epidural free labor and delivery.
I have so many things to tell you and to say to you, but for now, I just want to thank you…
- Even though you made me go 41 weeks of pregnancy, thank you for making me push for only 10 minutes (Cause man, that HURTS)
- Thank you for being such a well behaved baby
- Thank you for not having such a crazy cluster feed and actually allowed me to get some rest
- Thank you for taking only 10 minutes to feed
- Thank you for not ever pooping on me (we’ll work on the pee situation)
- Thank you for only waking up once a night in the beginning; it allowed me to be a much better mommy
- Thank you for sleeping through the night without having to be trained by 4 months
- Thank you for transitioning from breast to bottle with no issues
- Thank you for learning how to drink from a sippy cup at 6 months and to drink from a straw at 11 months
- Thank you for enjoying all of the food I prepared for you when it was time to start solids
- Thank you for still eating and enjoying all the food I make for you (can you teach your brother to be less picky?)
- Thank you for being happy all of the time (okay, 95% of it)
- Thank you for making me so happy
- Thank you for loving your brother and being amazed by him. And thanks for making his transition meeting you so easy
- Thank you for being funny
- Thank you for loving your grandparents and aunts, uncles and cousins…makes it easier for daddy and I to go out more often
But most of all,
- Thank you for being you….
I couldn’t have asked for not only one but two amazing boys.
Please just don’t be mad at me when I drop you off at a strangers house for daycare next week…I promise you’ll have the best time. And one day, you’ll thank me.